Is it wrong for a guy to be emotional?

This morning a student from a neighboring high school passed away because of suicide

and I have a few friends that knew him (I’ve never met him)

and yet I’m feeling depressed for a few hours after reading his facebook wall full of comments like “RIP” and “i miss you”

other people that didn’t know him do not seem to care about his death yet I’m feeling sad

this kind of thing also happened to me when I saw a dead pigeon a week ago and felt bad for a while because of how the dead bird was treated by the students

I guess I’m not as emotionally strong as most guys are
is it weird to be this way or are there other guys here like me

I also just think too much when bad things happen.

7 comments for “Is it wrong for a guy to be emotional?

1. Alex
    June 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY SERIOUSLY!!!! OF COURSE YOU CNA BE EMOTIONAL!!!!!

2. *HALEY*
    June 2, 2011 at 9:18 pm

no it is completely okay!

3. Mark Lucas
    June 3, 2011 at 4:02 am

The idea that men aren’t emotional is nonsense. They may not show it the way women do, but underneath the apparent poker face, we are still as sensitive and caring as anyone. Generally men aren’t given to overt displays of emotion.

Grieving for someone you didn’t know shows you care, and also shows that you are aware of your own mortality – and that EVERYONE dies at some point.

Try to realise that being emotionally strong is the opposite of what you imagine… that is, strength is in shedding tears, being real, in the moment… whatever you like to call it.

As the saying goes, when men witness the birth of their child(ren), they will not send them to war.

4. Kristen
    June 3, 2011 at 7:32 am

It is NOT weird to be emotional, just some guys think they can’t show their emotions out of some sort of ego thing. I actually like a guy showing that he is sensitive, because it shows that he isn’t afraid of having those feelings. Don’t change my friend 🙂

5. Barcode
    June 3, 2011 at 8:26 am

There’s nothing wrong for someone to feel compassionate or sensitive. If there is – then I’ve been doing it for more than 70 years.

6. pramod
    June 3, 2011 at 10:23 am

its ok dude u r very Innocent(according to me).dont worry about that.

7. Amy Collins
    August 17, 2011 at 9:46 am

Well I truly enjoyed studying it. This post offered by you is very helpful for accurate planning.