Trap shooting, Where to aim?!?!?

5mths ago I was in trap and could 24/25 (first time). Now I am so covered in work I forgot about my team and how to shoot. So enough with the story, here is my question. Where do I aim at the clay pigeon. What im trying to say is how much of a lead do I put on it?

Thanks,
Kevin
pshhh never pulled the trigger? You must not know me. I was in a motorcycle crash 5mths ago and was in the hospital for 2mths. Im sooooo covered in work……kids

8 comments for “Trap shooting, Where to aim?!?!?

1. Uncle Lar
    June 6, 2011 at 8:33 am

You aim a rifle. You aim a handgun. You shoot a shotgun. In the first two cases you are as still and stable as possible in an effort to hit a fixed point in space. With trap shotgun you are swinging the gun and tracking past the target, throwing the shot into the space the bird will be in when the shot pattern arrives. Less of a problem with straight out clays, but definitely required with crossing birds and even more so with skeet.

2. J.R.
    June 6, 2011 at 9:18 am

Trap is when the clay is perpendicular to your sight, it goes accross. Lead it by about a foot and dile back from there.

3. stupidnameshaveallbeentaken
    June 6, 2011 at 11:11 am

5 months ago you were shooting at a competitive level, now you don’t know where to aim? Really?

How about rephrasing, “Help I’ve never pulled the trigger on a shotgun and want to start shooting trap, where do I aim?”

4. Ellis Joyce
    June 6, 2011 at 12:21 pm

ITS AMAZING Hope this helps! http://giftsuggest.info/79761/clay-pigeons

5. Andrew
    June 6, 2011 at 2:17 pm

1. L. 1′ to 1.5′ C. Few Inches R. No lead
    2. L. 1′ to 1.5′ C. Few Inches R. No lead
    3. L. Few Inches C. No Lead R.Few Inches
    4. L. No Lead C. Few Inches R. 2′ Lead
    5. L.No Lead C. Few Inches R. 2 to 2.5 Lead

This shows how far your supposed to lead the clay pigeon in order from left to right. L means the clay is coming out to the left C means center or strait out and R means right.

6. Mr.357
    June 6, 2011 at 5:38 pm

I would point it a couple of feet in front of the pigeon.

7. Gertrude Parra
    August 27, 2011 at 9:47 am

Just keep making good stuff.

8. time warner dallas
    July 28, 2012 at 4:58 am

Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.